1. Describe the classification scheme that biologists use to classify and order organisms?
2. Differentiate among historical figures and their principal contributions to the development of evolutionary thought. You do not need to know dates.
3. Identify the age of the Earth and identify the age that first evidence of life on the planet was discovered? Describe the basic time line of life and its major adaptive changes on Earth?
4. Describe the theory of natural selection and describe how it serves as the main selective agent of evolution?
5. Describe the 3 basic characteristics that are modified to provide adaptations. Provide some examples of adaptive, maladaptive and neutral features in humans and other organisms.
6. Describe the basics of cellular organization, genetics, DNA structure, and types of mutation as presented in lecture. Define terms and provide or recognize examples.
7. Describe the different types of recombination and explain how they increase variation.
8. Outline and discuss the basic steps of the evolutionary process. Discuss and provide examples for: a) sources and types of variation b) types of natural selection c) artificial selection d) types of pre and post-mating reproductive isolating mechanisms e) speciation
9. Recognize and identify graphs characterizing (1) variation and (2) natural selection. Describe how positive and negative aspects (and strengths of selection) affect the outcome of these graphs. Identify any special conditions that influence these outcomes? Provide examples of each type of natural selection.
10. Describe and provide examples of the bottleneck effect and the founder’s effect.
11. Distinguish between pre and post-mating barriers. Provide specific examples of each type of reproductive barrier.
12. Define a species. List the factors involved in forming a new species (i.e. speciation)? List and describe the physical evidence for the evolutionary process?
13. Define mass extinction. Identify the number of recorded mass extinction events throughout the history of life on earth? Describe the primary causes of mass extinction events. Describe the two theories that have been postulated to explain the mass extinction event at the K-T boundary that eliminated the dinosaurs.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
At homeworkcheg.com, You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with at HomeworkCheg, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more