Please read and do the following questions at the end. Please demonstrate each question thoroughly.
FACTS: Morgan and Bud Wiesr are involved in a head-on collision early one morning. As a result of the collision, Morgan’s car is destroyed, she suffers a neck injury and her purebred poodle is killed. There is some indication that Bud was under the influence of alcohol when the accident occurred. Morgan is a resident of Oregon, and Bud is a resident of Washington.
The state of Oregon has three state statutes that will be applied to any lawsuit that arises from the collision: 1. In a civil suit the defendant must file a response to the plaintiff’s complaint within 30 days of being served with a copy of the complaint. 2. A person who negligently causes injury to another person must compensate the injured party for the harm he or she suffered. 3. A person who operates a motor vehicle a public road with a blood alcohol concentration of .08 or more is guilty of Driving Under the Influence.
* For the Oregon courts use the state trial court subject matter jurisdiction presented in the Chapters 1&2 summary.*
1. Identify each of the above state statutes as either procedural or substantive law?
Both the State of Oregon, represented by the District Attorney, and Morgan file lawsuits against Bud.
2. What type of liability might Bud have incurred; civil, criminal or both? Explain your answer.
Morgan civil suit against Bud requests $85,000 in damages.
3. What court should Morgan file her lawsuit in? Explain your answer.
4. Can Bud have Morgan’s lawsuit moved into federal court? Explain your answer.
5. Assuming that Driving Under the Influence is a misdemeanor, what court should the Oregon District Attorney file criminal charges in?
In addition to the money damages, Morgan has also requested a court order that requires Bud to attend weekly Alcoholics Anonymous meeting for six months.
6. What type/types of civil remedy (relief) is Morgan seeking? Explain your answer.
7. Who will determine the amount of damages Morgan will receive: Judge or Jury?
8. Who will determine if the court order she requested will be issued; Judge or Jury?
9. Briefly explain the process Morgan will have to go through to initiate her suit.
10. What will the standard of proof be in Morgan’s suit?
11. What is the standard of proof in the District Attorney’s case?
(There is a second page to this assignment.)
At trial Morgan prevails and is awarded $78,000. Nine weeks later, Sue comes forward and says that she saw the accident. Sue says that it looked to her as if Bud was parked along the road and that Morgan crossed the centerline and ran into him. Bud appeals the civil court verdict.
12. In what court should Bud file his appeal?
13. Will the appellate court consider the Sue’s testimony? Explain your answer.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
At homeworkcheg.com, You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with at HomeworkCheg, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more