Communications 11041 – Research Essay Instructions Fall 2019
Write a 5 paragraph argument essay based on one of the following readings from our textbook and online resources:
A) “Cuss Time” by Jill McCorkle in the Online Resources – e Learn- Week 7
B) “What Pro Hockey Got to Do with World Peace? – Stand on Guard for the Game and Kids We Love” by Raffi Cavoukian in the Online Resources – eLearn – Week 7
C) “The Slender Trap” by Trina Piscatelli on page 129 of Essay Essentials
D) “Shopping Around” by AnikoHencz on page 146 of Essay Essentials
E) “Labouring the Walmart way” by Deenu Parmar on page 282 of Essay Essentials
F) “Embraced by the Needle” by Gabor Mate on page 284 of Essay Essentials
G) “Cellphone restrictions coming to Ontario schools in November” by Kristin Rushowy – eLearn
• Choose one of the questions below. Answer the question using complete paragraphs and full sentences.
• Edit carefully for grammar, spelling and punctuation errors.
• Minimum 750 word essay
• Your final grade will be based on your ability to organize your points into clear sentences and paragraphs, free from mechanical errors.
1. In “Cuss Time” Jill McCorkle argues for the importance of freedom of speech, which by necessity includes swear words. However, some people say that there is too much bad language used in our society. Where do we draw the line? How important is freedom of speech? Is there too much “bad language” used in society? Write a 5-paragraph essay arguing one side of this topic. Make sure to have a counterpoint and respond to it for your second body paragraph.
2. Do you think violence in sports is justified? In “What’s Pro Hockey Got to do with World Peace? Raffi Cavoukian argues that violence should not be tolerated on the rink during a hockey game if it is not tolerated in society. Write a 5-paragraph essay arguing one side of this topic. Make sure to have a counterpoint and respond to if for your second body paragraph.
3. In the “Slender Trap,” Trina Piscatelli argues that anorexia nervosa is an illness caused by negative social conditions for young women. Do you agree? Write a 5 paragraph essay arguing one side of the topic. Make sure to have a counterpoint and respond to it for your second body paragraph.
4. In “Shopping Around,” AnikoHencz discusses some of the negative aspects of online shopping. What do you think? Write a 5 paragraph essay arguing one side of this topic. Make sure to have a counterpoint and respond to it in your second body paragraph.
5. In “Labouring the Walmart Way,” Deenu Parmar argues that employers fail to pay their employees a Living Wage, making many of them eligible for social assistance. What do you think? Write a 5-paragraph essay arguing one side of this topic. Make sure to have a counter point and respond to in your second body paragraph.
6. In “Embraced by the Needle,” Gabor Mate argues that addictions always originate in unhappiness, even if hidden. What do you think? Write a 5-paragraph essay arguing one side of this topic. Make sure to have a counterpoint in your second body paragraph.
7. In “Cellphone restrictions coming to Ontario schools in November” Kristin Rushowy states that critics argue the new law is unenforceable and will create conflict between teachers and students. What do you think? Write a 5-paragraph essay arguing one side of the topic. Make sure to have a counterpoint in your second body paragraph.
Assignment Due Dates:
1. Proposal and Annotation Assignment – dropbox – Wednesday, November13
2. Research Essay Outline – dropbox – Wednesday, November 20
3. Research Essay – dropbox and hardcopy – Wednesday, December 4
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
At homeworkcheg.com, You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with at HomeworkCheg, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more