Choose a magazine ad and analyze it using the following questions and statements. Use also the insights from the video “Killing us Softly” which we watched in class. Attach the ads to the handout and turn it in during the next class
1. What magazine is this ad in and what is product and/or company is the ad for?
2. Analyze the ad in terms of its depiction of gender, race, class, age, sexuality, and (dis)ability.
3. Look for any gender roles or ideologies that are contributing to the ad’s design or the message it is conveying to the reader (e.g. look at how the women in the ad are dressed, how they are posed, what they are doing etc.) Why are they presented this way?
4. Who is the target audience for this ad and does it effectively reach them?
5. How does it portray women? What message is it sending about women?
6. Would you consider the representation in this ad to be positive or negative? Do you have any problems with it and if so, why?
7. What do these ads teach men? About women? About themselves?
8. What do these ads teach women? (About themselves? About their bodies? About sexuality? About self-worth? 9. If positive, what makes it so? If it is negative, how could you change the ad to make if better?
font size 11. single space
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
At homeworkcheg.com, You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with at HomeworkCheg, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more